Date and Time
12:00 - 1:30pm
There are over 100 liver diseases.
Over 7 million Canadians have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and over half a million Canadians suffer from chronic viral hepatitis.
Learn how to diagnose and manage your Liver patients through interactive online medical education.
Date and Time
12:00 - 1:30pm
Program learning objectives:
- Understand the diagnosis, assessment, management and follow-up of persons infected with Liver infection
- Describe the impact of Liver diseases on Canadian Population Health.
- Apply Liver treatment management tools to clinical care in participants’ own practice setting.
- Gain an enthusiasm for participation in Liver care.
Winter 2021 Module
|11 Jan||Approach to Abnormal Liver Test|
|18 Jan||Fibrosis Assessment & Introduction to Cirrhosis|
|25 Jan||Cirrhosis: Management of Key Complications|
|1 Feb||Hepatitis C: Pre-treatment & regiment selection|
|8 Feb||Hepatitis C: Management, Monitoring and Follow up|
|15 Feb||No session|
|22 Feb||Hepatitis C: Patient Case Discussion|
|1 Mar||Hepatitis B: Screening, Natural history and Vaccination|
|8 Mar||Hepatitis B: Treatment options including Special Populations: Pregnancy, Children, Immo-Suppressed patients and Healthcare workers|
|15 Mar||Fatty Liver: Diagnosis (when & who to refer), Treatment & Management|
|22 Mar||Fatty Liver: Diagnosis Treatment and Management Part 2|
|29 Mar||Outpatient Management of Alcoholic Liver Disease|
|5 Apr||No Session|
|12 Apr||No Session|
|19 Apr||Drug Induced Liver disease (statins)|
Spring Cycle starts: 26 April, 2021
|26 Apr||Approach to Abnormal Liver Test|
|3 May||Fibrosis Assessment & Introduction to Cirrhosis|
|10 May||Cirrhosis: Management of Key Complications|
|17 May||Hepatitis C: Pre-treatment & regimen selection|
|24 May||No Session|
|31 May||Hepatitis C: Management and Monitoring and Follow up|
|7 Jun||Hepatitis C: Rapid Case Discussion|
|14 Jun||Hepatitis B: Screening, Natural history and Vaccination|
|21 Jun||Hepatitis B: Treatment options including Special Populations: Pregnancy, Children, Immune Suppressed patients and Healthcare workers|
|28 Jun||No Session|
|5 Jul||Fatty Liver: Diagnosis (when & who to refer), Treatment & Management Part 1|
|12 Jul||Fatty liver treatment and Management Part 2|
|19 Jul||Outpatient Management of Alcoholic Liver Disease|
|26 Jul||Motivational interviewing: Engaging patients to go on and stay on treatment|
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 60 Mainpro+ credits.
CPD certificates will be emailed to participants at the end of each cycle.
- Do you have a challenging liver patient case?
- ECHO offers access to interprofessional, specialist and community input to gain practical tips to best care for your patient, without the wait time.
- All patient cases are anonymous. Please do not share any patient identifying information.