Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost?
There is no cost to attend sessions. ECHO Ontario is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health
Who can attend ECHO?
- Any healthcare provider can attend.
- We welcome medical doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, chiropractors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers and all other medical providers.
What are the IT Requirements?
- ZOOM videoconferencing
- You will need a computer or smartphone with a webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection.
- Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have problems connecting and require assistance.
How do I connect to the weekly sessions?
An e-agenda with connection details will be sent to you on the day prior to the session.
What is the ECHO Online Etiquette?
During the session:
- Mute your microphone at all times except when speaking.
- Unmute and ask a question at any time.
- Keep your camera on and pointed at you or your team. Seeing each other helps to build the ECHO community.
- This is a safe learning environment. We encourage non-judgmental and respectful dialogue.
- Feel free to eat your lunch!
How do I participate in an ECHO session?
- ECHO sessions are interactive. We encourage all participants to ask questions, provide suggestions and present cases.
Who makes up the inter-professional specialist (hub)” teams?
- The Hub team members are from a variety of health professions, each involved in the treatment of the disease area. The team members provide a range of, complementary perspectives in caring for a patient.