ECHO Ontario Concussion
Next Cycle: Sessions will start on September 9 2020
Learn how to diagnose and manage your concussion patients through interactive online medical education.
This 15 part series is open to all primary care providers in Ontario.
ECHO is an interactive educational videoconference program, linking an interprofessional expert team with healthcare participants.
Each session includes:
- Short didactic on diagnosis and management of concussion
- Case based discussions on real de-identified cases
About the program:
- Connects you to an inter-professional specialist team
- Present your patient cases (de-identified) for recommendations and support
- Videoconferencing (online)
- No cost (This program is fully funded by the Ministry of Health)
About the case presentations:
- Do you have a challenging concussion patient case?
- You can present your case(s) at ECHO, for feedback and recommendations from the specialist team
- All patient cases are anonymous. Please do not share any patient identifying information.
*If you wish to present a patient case or would like more information on presenting a patient case, please contact Gina Marinakos at Gina.Marinakos@uhn.ca
What you need to participate:
- A computer with a stable internet connection, a webcam and microphone
- Or an iOS/Android mobile device and phone connection for audio only
Please note that there are certain conditions which must be agreed to if you are selected to participate in this ECHO program. The statement of collaboration may be downloaded by clicking here.
|9 Sept 2020||Diagnosis and Assessment of Acute Concussion in Adults|
|16 Sept 2020||Diagnosis and Assessment of Concussion in Children|
|23 Sept 2020||Diagnosis and Assessment of Prolonged Symptoms in Adults|
|30 Sept 2020||Recognizing The Impacts of Concussions in Non-Sport Populations|
|7 Oct 2020||Missed and Late Diagnosis of Concussions in Non-Sport Populations|
|14 Oct 2020||Assessment of Mental Health and Concussion|
|21 Oct 2020||Management of Concussion in Children|
|28 Oct 2020||General Management in Adults of: acute concussion, prolonged symptoms, multiple concussion and return-to-activity/work/school|
|4 Nov 2020||Management of Special Populations: Premorbid, psychiatric vulnerabilities, Interpersonal violence, Intimate partner violence|
|11 Nov 2020||Challenges of Concussion Management: Balancing Experience of Symptoms with Increased Activity and Finding Effective Management Strategies|
|18 Nov 2020||Return to work following Concussion|
|25 Nov 2020||Post Traumatic Headache and Vestibular Issues|
|2 Dec 2020||Prolonged Sleep/Wake Disturbances and Persisting Fatigue|
|9 Dec 2020||Prolonged Mental Health Symptoms: Depression, Anxiety & Irritability|
|16 Dec 2020||Prolonged Cognitive Symptoms After Concussion|